Bike Austin (now merged with the Austin Cycling Association) invites you to the 42nd Annual Easter Hill Country Tour (EHCT). Experience the charm and hospitality of the Texas Hill Country and three days of the best riding Texas has to offer for as little as $45. Quiet, well-paved roads, fully-stocked rest stops and panoramic scenery have made the EHCT one of the premier cycling events in Texas with routes suitable for all categories of participants from novices to experienced riders.
Special note to newcomers and singles. Join around 1,000 other like-minded cyclists and see why the EHCT is an Easter weekend tradition. All rides are fully-supported with rest stops and SAG vehicles. You’ll enjoy a relaxed, friendly cycling experience and, like so many of us, will want to come back again and again.
Founded in 1974 by the Lubbock Bicycle Club, the EHCT is hosted in rotation by the San Antonio Wheelmen, Houston Bicycle Club, Fort Worth Cycling Association and Bike Austin (which now includes the former Austin Cycling Association). Bike Austin is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization and part of your registration fee will go to supporting cycling access, safety and education in Central Texas.
- EHCT has contracted with professional photographer Steve Coyle to offer fabulous photographs of the event. After the Tour, check them out at this link.
- Sorry if you are having difficulty in registering for the dinner/dance only (no ride) on Active. We are working to resolve the problem. Meanwhile, remember you can buy dinner/dance onsite at Schreiner University. Advanced rider registration is already about 860: if you have not yet signed up, it's now time! And, an added incentive …. “frequent rains in the fall and winter may make for a better-than-usual wildflower season in Texas” according to experts at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.
- Links to routes using Ride With GPS will be made available to registered participants around Thursday 26th March. For information regarding the electronic versions of the maps/routes, please go the end of the Rides and Routes web page.
- Two recent developments. (1) We have had various generous offers of help/sponsorship but Tom Moore's graphics company www.ipgprint.com went above and beyond with a donation of the printing for our wonderful mini-posters, flyer/post-cards, maps and packet enclosures. An extraordinarily generous donation. (2) We now have a likely candidate for the "most distant" registrant .... Nick from Qatar in the Middle East, 8000 miles.
- Confirmed registrations now almost 700. Could this year be a record? Remember that dinner/dance tickets should be bought in advance or at the College. They will not be available on site at the YO Ranch as we can only cater for pre-ordered guests. We have now added an Easter Sunrise Service. For details, see the Schedule page.
- Current registration is now over 300 & we are approaching the end of the "early-bird" registration (March 1st). We are delighted that (for the first time for EHCT?) we shall be featuring sponsored rest-stops with a "best rest-stop" competition. Remember that we encourage registrants to sign-up for the dinner/dance online but a few tickets will also be available at the College registration.
- Wow !!!! As of now (late January) nearly 200 riders are already signed up. Are you in? Our partner hotel (the YO Ranch) has no more discounted standard rooms (upgraded ones still available) but go to our accommodation page for suggestions on finding other hotels. Of these, the Inn on the Hills has a special deal also. And please don't forget to "like" our FB Page.
- Online registration is now available! Go here.
- For the first time ever, we have decided to feature Austin's very own "Barn Owls" band and certified caller Sharon Isaac for a traditional square dance following the Saturday evening dinner at the YO Ranch Hotel. You will not require a partner and no prior experience is necessary.
- The 2015 promotional mini-poster has now been finished. Check it out here.