Bike Austin (now merged with the Austin Cycling Association) invites you to the 42nd Annual Easter Hill Country Tour (EHCT). Experience the charm and hospitality of the Texas Hill Country and three days of the best riding Texas has to offer for as little as $45. Quiet, well-paved roads, fully-stocked rest stops and panoramic scenery have made the EHCT one of the premier cycling events in Texas with routes suitable for all categories of participants from novices to experienced riders.
Special note to newcomers and singles. Join around 1,000 other like-minded cyclists and see why the EHCT is an Easter weekend tradition. All rides are fully-supported with rest stops and SAG vehicles. You’ll enjoy a relaxed, friendly cycling experience and, like so many of us, will want to come back again and again.
Founded in 1974 by the Lubbock Bicycle Club, the EHCT is hosted in rotation by the San Antonio Wheelmen, Houston Bicycle Club, Fort Worth Cycling Association and Bike Austin (which now includes the former Austin Cycling Association). Bike Austin is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization and part of your registration fee will go to supporting cycling access, safety and education in Central Texas.
- Current registration is now over 300 & we are approaching the end of the "early-bird" registration (March 1st). We are delighted that (for the first time for EHCT?) we shall be featuring sponsored rest-stops with a "best rest-stop" competition. Remember that we encourage registrants to sign-up for the dinner/dance online but tickets will also be available at the door.
- Wow !!!! As of now (late January) nearly 200 riders are already signed up. Are you in? Our partner hotel (the YO Ranch) has no more discounted standard rooms (upgraded ones still available) but go to our accommodation page for suggestions on finding other hotels. Of these, the Inn on the Hills has a special deal also. And please don't forget to "like" our FB Page.
- Online registration is now available! Go here.
- For the first time ever, we have decided to feature Austin's very own "Barn Owls" band and certified caller Sharon Isaac for a traditional square dance following the Saturday evening dinner at the YO Ranch Hotel. You will not require a partner and no prior experience is necessary.
- The 2015 promotional mini-poster has now been finished. Check it out here.